Full course description
Early Childhood Educators, University Students, and Education Assistants use promo code DISCOUNT to get $100 off the course price.
Created by teachers and psychologists who work with these students every day, Inside Learning Disabilities takes you inside the world of Learning Disabilities (LDs) at school: from facts and diagnoses to co-occurring conditions and LD strategies for students, teachers, and learning environment. It has been designed for professionals who work with students to help build your understanding of LDs in order to increase student success and your success as a professional.
- Introduction to Learning Disabilities
- Examination and diagnosis of Specific Learning Disabilities
- The relationship between Learning Disabilities and executive functioning
- The relationship between Learning Disabilities and cognitive proficiency
- Strategies for instruction and assessment
- Learning Disabilities and the impact on social and emotional functioning
- The disorders that frequently co-occur with Learning Disabilities (ADHD, depression, anxiety, etc.)
- The learning and reading brain
- The writing and math brain
- Setting everyone up for success (advocacy, transitions, planning, etc.)
You can work on modules on your own time and at your own pace. There are no scheduled meeting times, due dates, etc. All modules will open on the course start date and will remain open for 4 months. Each module should take approximately 3 hours to complete (30 hours in total).
Group rates are available for 10 or more participants, as are private classrooms for groups of 10 or more. Contact Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.