Inside Learning Disabilities for Families: Rolling Enrollment
Jan 1, 2019 - Dec 31, 2025
Full course description
Created by teachers and psychologists who work with these students every day, Inside Learning Disabilities takes you inside the world of Learning Disabilities (LDs) at school: from facts and diagnoses to co-occurring conditions and LD strategies for students, teachers, and learning environment. It has been designed for families to help build your understanding of LDs and to provide you with numerous LD resources.
You can register whenever you like and start accessing the information right away. Review the content on your own timeline. The course is online and you can access the content anytime as there are no fixed start or end dates or designated meeting times. Start and stop whenever it works for your schedule. Connect with and learn from other parents you have been where you are.
- Introduction to Learning Disabilities
- Examination and diagnosis of Specific Learning Disabilities
- The relationship between Learning Disabilities and executive functioning
- The relationship between Learning Disabilities and cognitive proficiency
- Strategies for instruction and assessment
- Learning Disabilities and the impact on social and emotional functioning
- The disorders that frequently co-occur with Learning Disabilities (ADHD, depression, anxiety, etc.)
- The learning and reading brain
- The writing and math brain
- Setting everyone up for success (advocacy, transitions, planning, etc.)
Immediately after registering, you will receive an email invitation from Foothills Academy Outreach right after you register. Simply click the blue Get Started button in that email to create your login and password in order to access the course. If you do NOT see this email in your inbox, be sure to check your Spam or Social email inbox as it may have been automatically routed there by your email provider.
The small fee of $25 for enrollment covers registration and use of the online Learning Management System. Once registered, you will have unlimited time to access the course content. Please email Tanya Keto if you have any questions (email@example.com).
Course created by Tanya Keto (BEd, MEd, Alberta Permanent Professional Certified Teacher, Registered Provisional Psychologist), Breanne Davidson (BEd, MEd, Alberta Permanent Professional Certified Teacher), Ann Wade (BA, MSc, Registered Psychologist), Melissa Yue (BSc, MEd, Registered Psychologist), Austin Brown Sparks (BA, MC, Registered Psychologist), Cathi Graveline (Assistive Technology Specialist), and Dr. Karen MacMillan (PhD, Registered Psychologist).
Course content is updated on an ongoing basis as new, evidence-based information is discovered.