Full course description
Early Childhood Educators, University Students, and Education Assistants use promo code DISCOUNT to get $100 off the course price.
Many teachers are unaware of what this diagnosis means and how it can impact students academically and emotionally and affect the classroom as a whole. The good news is that what works for students with ADHD can benefit ALL students! Registration is ongoing. The course closes on August 31, 2023.
Inside ADHD takes you inside the world of ADHD at school: from facts and diagnoses to co-occurring conditions and strategies for students, teachers, and the learning environment. It has been designed for professionals who work with students to help build your understanding of ADHD in order to increase student success and your success as a professional.
- Week 1: Introduction to ADHD
- Week 2: ADHD Diagnosis
- Week 3: The relationship between ADHD and executive functioning
- Week 4: The relationship between ADHD and cognitive proficiency
- Week 5: ADHD Impact on Social and Emotional Functioning
- Week 6: ADHD and Associated Disorders
- Week 7: The Brain - Learning and ADHD
- Week 8: Strategies to Support Cognitive Functioning
- Week 9: Strategies to Support Social and Behavioural Functioning
- Week 10: Setting everyone up for success (e.g., transitions, planning, etc.)
You can work on modules on your own time and at your own pace. All modules will open once you register and will remain open until August 31. Each module should take approximately 3 hours to complete (30 hours in total).
Group rates are available for 10 or more participants, as are private classrooms for groups of 10 or more. Contact Tanya at email@example.com for more information.
Course created by Tanya Keto (BEd, MEd, Alberta Permanent Professional Certified Teacher, Registered Psychologist), Melissa Yue (BSc, MEd, Registered Psychologist), Ann Wade (BA, MSc, Registered Psychologist), Jayanthi Packaral (BSc, MSc, Registered Psychologist), Paige McDonald (BA, MC, Registered Psychologist), with contributions from Melanie Reader (BSc, MSc, Registered Psychologist) and Dr. Karen MacMillan (PhD, Registered Psychologist).
Course content is updated on an ongoing basis as new, evidence-based information is discovered.